The Maryland Wineries Association Presents the
Learn • Taste • Explore • Engage
Learn about Maryland Wine from the winemakers themselves!
A series of regional seminars for the wine enthusiast.
Browse our 5 regional winemaker seminars & reserve your seat today!
EASTERN SHORE: Vines & Variety @ Crow Vineyard
What’s growing in Maryland?! Explore Vidal Blanc grown from around the state & learn about the exciting red varietals growing from Western MD to the Eastern Shore.
12441 Vansant Corner Rd, Kennedyville, MD 21645
Sunday, March 5, 2017
- Catrina North, Crow Vineyard
- Gary Cohen, Mazzaroth Vineyard
- Roy Albin, Royal Rabbit Vineyards
- William Layton, Layton’s Chance Winery & Vineyard
CARROLL CO: Everything Bubbly @ Old Westminster Winery
An in-depth look into sparkling wines and the different methods, grapes and philosophies used to create them. Sample vaious wines of both méthode champenoise & pétillant-natural styles.
1550 Old Westminster Rd, Westminster, MD 21157
Sunday, March 12, 2017
- Lisa Hinton, Old Westminster Winery
- Fred Wilson, Elk Run Vineyard
- Matt Cimino, Great Shoals Winery
FREDERICK CO: The Craft of Barrel Aging @ Linganore Winecellars
Learn the ins and outs of Barrel Aging. Explore how wines change as they spend time in the barrel, about different types of oak & more! Also, get a sneak peek at what these winemakers are currently working on.
13601 Glissans Mill Road, Mt Airy, MD 21771
Sunday, March 12, 2017
- Anthony Aellen, Linganore Winecellars
- Mike Lentini, Catoctin Breeze Vineyard
- Jacques van der Vyver, Chateau Bu-De Vineyard & Winery
MONTGOMERY CO: The Mystery of the Mix @ Rocklands Farm
Learn how to blend wine from the pros! They’ll walk you through their particular blending methods & strategies for white and red blends. Also, learn how port-style wines are made!
14525 Montevideo Rd., Poolesville, MD 20837
Sunday, March 19, 2017
- TJ Flemming, Rocklands Farm
- Lauren Zimmerman, Port of Leonardtown Winery
- Dave Collins, Big Cork Vineyards
BALTIMORE CO: Anything But Grapes @ Millstone Cellars
You know cider is made of apples and mead of honey, but what ELSE are our local makers using to make their product unique? Explore chili peppers, spices, berries, rhubarb & more!
2029 Monkton Road, Monkton, MD 21111
Sunday, March 26, 2017
- Curt Sherrer, Millstone Cellars
- Andrzej Wilk, Orchid Cellar Meadery & Winery
- Linda Blades, Faulkner Branch Cidery
- James Boicourt, Charm City Meadworks